Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Hate Instant Mesagging

I hate Instant messaging because:

1. I don't really know who the heck I'm talking to on the other side of the computer. When I talk to Matthew I think I want to talk to Matthew....not his friends. etc...

2. It seems to me that whenever I want to talk to a certain person....they are always off.(Logan) And sometimes even when they are on they have to log off ten minutes later.(Logan) Because,(Logan), they,unlike me,have better things to do than sit on thier butts talking to people on the computer all the time.

3. My fingers hurt a lot afterwards.

4.It's simple to just tell someone your password (MATTHEW!!) and then idiots (Like me) end up confessing crap to someone who on the other side is more that likely laughing thier heads off because they must be having a jolly good time making fun of me(BRYAN), (That happens enough at school I don't need it when I'm content at home too....)While people like me are thinking they are confessing things to someone they trust.

5.People Type SLOWLY.....

6.People multi-task thus, when I ask something like: "Hey! What's up?" It takes forver for them to reply. (I'm not even gonna say names this time.......)

7.That's another thing, EVERY conversation starts out as...

"Hey"
"Hey"
"What's up?"
"NM"
"U?"
"NM"

And then there's this complete awkward silence and usually the person on the other side is waiting for me to say something.(There are too many people like this so I can't say names) What the heck am I gonna say? "Nice shirt where'd you get it!??!"

8.Conversations flow easier in real life.

9.Spelling errors can't be made when we actually talk

10.Instant messaging has created it's own language native to American Teenagers mostly. It's grown to the point where you can hear people SAYING "OMFG That made me want to like LOL but I can't because I have to BRB" I mean...txting was made to shorten down words so we don't have to actually have to type the whole sentence. Not so that we can go around talking like total idiots.

11.People find it nesccesary to tell me very VERY important things through AIM when it should probably be done in person....(JESSICA!!!!My cousin)

12.Smiley faces look to smiley. Even the frowny faces look somewhat happy. :( I mean, come on. It looks more like his mouth is glued shut. That does not look like an actual frowny face. I think Lindsay Lohan can do better. (And that's saying something considering that she's a horrible actor...)

13. THIS IS NOT A PIG! :@) It actually looks more like what Micheal Jackson thought his nose looked like. In fact.....that probably is what his nose looks like today too! But that is NOT a pig.

14. People can type insults without having to worry about me hitting or kicking them. (You know who you people are.........)

15.I can't read your expressions. OK? I am sorry if you are being sarcastic and I don't catch on. (Once again, you know who you are...)

16.Sometimes, when people tell me something really really sad or crappy about thier lives, I can't really hug them...........

17.Virtual moving....isn't exactly moving. I mean, you can say *Hugs you* or *High fives you*....but that's just virtual. (Duh)

18.When people say they are "away" they sometimes are right there but are to "busy" doing something else..

19.Sometimes,when people press "away"......THEY ACTUALLY ARE AWAY!

20. Sometimes...people say the cutest or the bicest things to me through instant messaging, and I really end up wishing they said it in person rather than....(ugh) through an emotionless piece of technology.

I copied and pasted this from my Buddy Info on AIM. Every word of it is true. BTW, if you want to talk with me through AIM, my username is...xoxROFLxox

Forever Having To TXT,
Sarah D.

No comments: